WordPress is widely used open-source CMS and free Website development application, content management system as well as innovative blogging tool design by developers community.
WordPress allows many users to build & design dynamic websites & blogs that may be responsive, updated, customizable as well as well managed from the back end with integrated application and components.
WordPress offers support for PHP & MySQL. It integrates various website development techniques offering the variety of features and tools that are used to design, develop and manage websites.
It provides easy to use and third-party themes including plugins and widgets that facilitate the third party code snippet integration. It supports enhanced features for the user which includes customizing code, search engine friendly internal links & tagging.
Top 5 Easy Steps to Start a WordPress Blog
Step 1. Generate Effective Ideas
- To create an effective blog then your blog should be focused on some defined niche, category & specific.
- Do the proper keyword research & create content that will build your audience.
Step 2. Proper Blog Name & Web Hosting
- To start a blog, you need to define the domain name ( blog name) which define your brand & business.
- Define Web hosting service which makes the blog easily accessible to the internet.
- Choose a .com as compare to others & take 2-3 words, if single word domains are not available.
- Use the keyword that represents your blog niche. It helps the audience to identify your blog’s niche.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens in the URL.
Step 3. Install WordPress
Install WordPress which is a user-friendly & powerful tool & design your blog with the WordPress themes.
If you don’t like the free WordPress theme then there are premium themes that you can purchase from sites :
- Elegant Themes.
- Thrive Themes.
Step 4. WordPress Blog Customization & Optimization
- You must use various WordPress premium & free Themes for your website customization which is the main foundation of design & core functionalities. It also offers different plugins that can add & extend the blog functionalities.
- Perform SEO ( Search Engine Optimization) of your blog to increase the visibility in search engine results. It is the process of optimizing websites in search engines for using keywords and phrases.
Step 5. Important WordPress Points
- Things to do After Installing WordPress
- Perform research on blog topics which excite your audience & write the easily readable article.
- Monetize your blog & build your audience using social media channels.
- Ask your audience what they think about your blogs & its content which help you to understand the need of your audience.
To Discover more the best-selling WordPress guide with new enhancements
WordPress has millions of users & WordPress For Dummies by Lisa Sabin Wilson get sold more than 105,000 copies in its previous editions.
WordPress Expert & Author Lisa Sabin-Wilson has come with the newest edition offering complete updated book WordPress For Dummies that help you to learn the use & understand all the latest features in WordPress.
WordPress For Dummies will help you to learn about both the hosting WordPress.com version as well as the more flexible WordPress.org version which requires third-party hosting. In WordPress or another blogging platform, the beginning blog guide includes:
- WordPress is a Full-featured blogging platform that emphasizes on web standards and its usability
- WordPress For Dummies guide explains about setting up and maintain a blog with the two WordPress versions
- It covers all the newest changes and improvements in the WordPress latest release.
Lisa Sabin-Wilson is the co-owner of WebDevStudios in a development company specialized in custom WordPress plugins, themes, and its deployments. She is the best seller & author of WordPress All-in-One For Dummies and WordPress Web Design For Dummies.
Table of Contents
- About This Book
- Conventions Used in This Book
- What You Are Not to Read
- Foolish Assumptions
- How This Book Is Organized
- Part I: Introducing WordPress
- Part II: Using the WordPress Hosted Service
- Part III: Self-Hosting with WordPressorg
- Part IV: Flexing and Extending WordPress
- Part V: Customizing WordPress
- Part VI: The Part of Tens
- Icons Used in This Book
Part I: Introducing WordPress
- Explore all that WordPress has to offer.
- Discover basic concepts about blogging with WordPress.
- Understand the different versions of WordPress and choose one right for you.
- Get ready to use WordPress for your online publishing.
Chapter 1: What WordPress Can Do for You
- Seeing how WordPress can benefit you
- Participating in the WordPress community
- Understanding the different versions of WordPress
Chapter 2: WordPress Blogging Basics
- Considering blog types
- Finding out what blog technology can do for you
- Outlining your initial blog plan
Part II: Using the WordPress Hosted Service
- Create an account on WordPress.com.
- Discover the many features of the WordPress.com Dashboard.
- Set up your WordPress.com profile and connect your social networks to your blog.
- Start blogging immediately with helpful tips and advice on publishing on WordPress.com.
- Enhance your WordPress.com blog with available themes and widgets.
Chapter 3: Getting Started with WordPress
- Signing up for a blog
- Familiarizing yourself with the Dashboard
- Understanding important options to set before you begin
Chapter 4: Writing and Managing Your Blog
- Writing your first post and making it look nice
- Organizing and categorizing your blog
- Inviting friends and establishing their permissions
- Moderating discussions — even when you aren’t logged in
- Combating comment spam
- Deciding what appears on your front page
- Protecting your blog’s privacy
- Sharing and publicizing with social media
- Initiating trusting relationships with OpenID
Chapter 5: Enhancing Your Blog with Themes, Widgets, and Upgrades
- Giving your blog a new look
- Enhancing your theme with features
- Adding widgets to your sidebar
- Upgrading your free WordPress.com blog
- Giving your domain a name
Part III: Self-Hosting with WordPress org
- Discover everything you need to know about the WordPress self-hosted version found on http://wordpress.org.
- Set up your blogging base camp by registering a domain and getting set up with a web-hosting provider.
- Install WordPress on your own hosted server and begin configuring the settings and options to personalize your site the way you want it.
- Establish your own publishing routine by discovering and using the tools that WordPress provides.
Chapter 6: Setting Up Blogging Base Camp
- Finding and buying a domain name
- Finding web hosting
- Brushing up on FTP
- Installing WordPress
Chapter 7: Understanding the WordPress org Dashboard
- Signing on to the Dashboard
- Finding your way around the Dashboard
- Customizing the Dashboard
- Applying your own settings
- Personalizing your profile
- Deciding how your blog will look
Chapter 8: Establishing Your Blog Routine
- Setting up categories
- Exploring permalinks
- Discovering RSS options
- Writing and editing posts and pages
- Managing and moderating comments
Part IV: Flexing and Extending WordPress
- Dress up your posts and pages using media like images, video, and audio files.
- Install WordPress plugins to extend the functionality of your WordPress site.
- Discover and install free themes available for WordPress to create a unique look for your site.
- Update your WordPress plugins and themes using the automatic update feature.
Chapter 9: Media Management: Images, Audio, and Video
- Adding images, photo galleries, and videos to your blog posts
- Uploading audio files
- Exploring the WordPress Media Library
Chapter 10: Making the Most of WordPress Plugins
- Plugging into plugins
- Finding, downloading, and unpacking plugin files
- Using the plugins that come with WordPress
- Uploading and installing plugins
- Activating and managing plugins
- Uninstalling plugins
- Exploring open source plugins
Chapter 11: Finding and Installing WordPress Themes
- Finding free WordPress themes
- Distinguishing between safe and unsafe WordPress themes
- Downloading, installing, and activating themes
- Browsing and installing themes from your Dashboard
- Going with commercial themes
Part V: Customizing WordPress
- Get introduced to the basic concepts of WordPress themes and templates.
- Become familiar with the primary templates in a WordPress theme and use template tags to customize them.
- Use CSS and HTML to modify a WordPress theme to make it look the way you want it to.
- Build your own simple WordPress theme from scratch.
- Discover parent and child themes and use them to customize your WordPress site.
Chapter 12: Understanding Themes and Templates
- Looking at the basic blog structure
- Exploring the required templates
- Understanding The Loop and Main Index template
- Putting together a basic theme
- Using common template tags
Chapter 13: Tweaking WordPress Themes
- Exploring basic CSS and defining CSS properties and values
- Setting a new background color, creating a header, and customizing navigation menus
- Changing fonts
- Knowing HTML Essentials
- Working with parent/child themes
Part VI: The Part of Tens
- Find ten popular WordPress plugins to use to extend the features of your WordPress site.
- Discover ten popular WordPress themes to use on your website.
Chapter 14: Ten Popular WordPress Plugins
- Finding popular WordPress plugins
- Using plugins to enhance your blog
Appendix: Upgrading, Backing Up, and Migrating
- They’re user-friendly. You don’t have to tinker with anything to get things to look the way you want them to.
- They’re compatible with widgets. In a word, widgets are wonderful. I cover them in Chapter 5.
- They’re free. Some very nice premium themes are out there, but why pay if you don’t have to?
- They use valid code. Although you may not notice it, valid code that meets W3C (www.w3c.org) standards won’t cause errors in browsers.
[button-red url=”http://amzn.to/2jHCIBZ” target=”_blank” position=””]Buy From Amazon.com[/button-red]